[Shotimes] Frozen bolts

Christian Andretta passport@optonline.net
Thu, 25 Dec 2003 18:12:08 -0500

Paul,

Why not send this to the v8 list?  The dislike for the Oil Guy site is just
fun and games.

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Paul Nimz
Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2003 5:45 PM
To: `V6 SHOtimes
Subject: [Shotimes] Frozen bolts

A tip from that Oil Guy site....  (not my idea)

I realize it's rare to encounter a rusted bolt that will not budge,  but
here's a trick in case you do:

Heat the area around the bolt with a propane torch, and touch a candle to
the
threads. The wax will be sucked into the opening around the threads, and the
bolt can be removed easily. The heating and candle application may have to
be
repeated a couple times. This works on the same principle as
"sweat-soldering"
copper pipes, and will work where penetrating oil will not. (Always use care
when and where you apply heat)

Try this on your next stuck bolt. You'll be amazed.

Paul Nimz
'97 TR
'93 EG mtx

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of
rolleyes.gif]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of
eek.gif]