[Shotimes] Re: OT SOTU drinking game

ribble@mindspring.com ribble@mindspring.com
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:12:38 -0800 (PST)

Why, the r's migrated from Boston, of course.  In Boston, they "pahk" their "cahs".

Frank Whittle
'95 ATX (green--should I be worried?)

Subject: RE: [Shotimes] OT  SOTU drinking
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:24:03 -0800
From: "Kerry Kinion" <kerry@kinionfurniture.com>
To: <shotimes@autox.team.net>

I know this is pretty lame but I will never forget my 7th grade science
teacher - he was an old fart and boring as hell.  One time as we were
discussing the solar system, I couldn't resist asking him "Have you ever
seen Uranus?".  He was so old and tired he didn't even bother to kick me
out of class, he just said "O.K., pipe down now".

Many people in my family (the older ones)say "Warshington" and "warsh".
Where in the hell did the "r" come from?  My mother used to correct my
grammar all the time - but even she says this.  I get a great kick out
of saying to her "excuse me"!

Kerry - nothing better to do right now - still can't afford to fix the
Frickin' SHO!