[Shotimes] New engine for 92 MTX SHO

SHOLANDO@aol.com SHOLANDO@aol.com
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 16:00:47 EST

ASSCLOWN!
If you even bothered to go to the JASPER website you would have seen the
following:

Read the bottom about the warranty!  I don't know any junk yard that's going
to offer you a 3 year 75,000 mile warranty.

I'm sure nobody on the list would even think about paying this much for an
engine.  However, the gentleman who asked the question didn't stipulate he
wanted the 'CHEAPEST' way to go.  I was just providing him with the
'high-level' mark!

I'm sure if any of us came into a lot of money, and we wanted the ultimate
engine for our SHO's, the JASBER engine would be one of our choices!

THOROUGH CLEANING
Every engine is completely disassembled. Blocks, heads, connecting rods,
crankshafts and camshafts for domestic engines are thoroughly cleaned in the <A HREF="http://www.kolene.com/">
Kolene</A> Salt Bath. Molten industrial salt efficiently and thoroughly removes
all contaminants that can result in premature wear to internal engine
components and early engine failure. Import engines are completely cleaned
through other, equally, quality oriented processes to remove contaminants.

CRANKSHAFTS are precision machined to exact tolerances with no odd size
bearings or journals. Thrust surfaces (domestic engines) are machined in a
two step process to provide precise surface finishes for smooth engine
operation and reduced thrust bearing wear. Every journal is inspected and
measured with critical accuracy. After machining, oil holes are chamfered to
improve lubrication and every journal polished to a smooth finish for long
bearing life. Crankshafts are thoroughly cleaned with special emphasis to
flushing and brushing out oil passages to remove any contaminants.

CAMSHAFTS are inspected for wear, dimensional accuracy and gauged for
straightness. Camshaft lobes are carefully machined to correct
specifications. Each shaft is Parco-Lubricated to improve lubricant adhesion,
especially during break-in. Any camshaft not meeting JASPER's exact
specifications is replaced.

CYLINDERS
Cylinders are bored and honed to exact specifications. Cylinder finish and
size are closely monitored to industry surface finish standards as well as
for accuracy and consistancy through Statistical Process Control. This
assures smooth piston travel and engine performance. JASPER guarantees no odd
size cylinders. The block to head mating surface is closely inspected and
resurfaced as required to provide the correct surface finish for today's
gasket materials.

CONNECTING RODS
Connecting rods are machined and gauged to within a half a thousandth for
improved operation, especially in today's engines. Rods are carefully
machined to avoid taper and to the standard diameter of original equipment.
All rods are checked for bend and twist to assure smooth operation.

HEADS
Heads are carefully inspected for cracks and flaws through procedures such as
magnetic particle inspection and pressure testing. Every head is resurfaced
to exact dimensional tolerances and the surface finish is carefully monitored
for proper sealing with the block. Valve seats and guides are machined to
exact specifications or replaced to assure correct valve alignment and
seating and optimum engine performance.

ASSEMBLY
Every engine is precisely assembled by trained JASPER builders. Attention to
such details as a final wash of new and machined parts and prelubricated
camshafts, pistons, and crankshaft journals assures a clean smooth running
engine that performs to your expectations.

TESTING
JASPER live tests every popular Complete domestic engine with recorded
inspections of temperatures, oil pressure, vacuum pressure and compression.
Import engines are tested for correct oil pressure, compression, torque to
turn and proper oil pump operation. JASPER's testing is one of the many ways
we assure your satisfaction.

STATISTICAL PROCESS CONTROL
Processes are continually monitored through Statistical Process Control to
assure accurate machining, smooth engine performance and complete customer
satisfaction.

NEW DOMESTIC ENGINE PARTS

Pistons, pins & lock rings
Piston rings
Piston pin bushings
Main bearings
Hollow push rods
Camshaft bearings
Camshaft (new or reman.)
Rear main oil seal
Timing gear or chain
Intake & exhaust valves
Valve springs
Solid lifters
Valve keepers & seals
Spring retainers
Valve guides (as applicable)
Rocker arm assemblies (new or reman.)
Rod bearings
Cylinder head gaskets
Oil pan gaskets
Timing gear cover gaskets
Water distribution tubes (as applicable)
Expansion plugs
Oil pump (remanufactured)
Oil pump intermediate shaft (as applicable)
<A HREF="http://webapp.jasperengines.com/warranty/warranty.asp">WARRANTY</A>
Install JASPER with confidence. Every JASPER engine is backed by a nationwide
warranty. Complete engines for passenger cars and light duty trucks receive a
36 month/75,000 mile (whichever occurs first) parts and labor warranty.
(Ambulance, off-highway vehicles, package delivery, police, snow removal,
taxi, tow truck, transit or any vehicle over 1 ton, 18 months or 75,000
miles, whichever occurs first.) A technical hotline (1-800-827-7450) and 24
hour 7 day emergency warranty information are also available. A full warranty
disclosure is available upon request.