[Shotimes] New engine for 92 MTX SHO

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 16:28:06 -0500

Yep, and the comment about if we "came into a lot of money" we wouldn't be
messing with SHOs, anyway (as I first mentioned in the 1989 AutoWeek
AutoFile regarding the SHO).

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of ianf@eden.rutgers.edu
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2003 4:17 PM
To: SHOLANDO@aol.com; shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] New engine for 92 MTX SHO

yeah and all that's a waste of money. If you want to spend 5x the cost
of your car on the motor alone (which is already going to outlast the
car itself anyway), go ahead. I don't think Jasper is the "only" good
choice out there; I think its one of the most expensive.

Ian
rebuliding my own 3.2 as funds allow (ie, not doing much on it at all)

in the <A HREF="http://www.kolene.com/">
> Kolene</A> Salt Bath. Molten industrial salt efficiently and
thoroughly removes
> all contaminants that can result in premature wear to internal engine
> components and early engine failure. Import engines are completely
cleaned
> through other, equally, quality oriented processes to remove
contaminants.

> CRANKSHAFTS are precision machined to exact tolerances with no odd
size
> bearings or journals. Thrust surfaces (domestic engines) are machined
in a
> two step process to provide precise surface finishes for smooth
engine
> operation and reduced thrust bearing wear. Every journal is inspected
and
> measured with critical accuracy. After machining, oil holes are
chamfered to
> improve lubrication and every journal polished to a smooth finish for
long
> bearing life. Crankshafts are thoroughly cleaned with special
emphasis to
> flushing and brushing out oil passages to remove any contaminants.
>
> CAMSHAFTS are inspected for wear, dimensional accuracy and gauged for
> straightness. Camshaft lobes are carefully machined to correct
> specifications. Each shaft is Parco-Lubricated to improve lubricant
adhesion,
> especially during break-in. Any camshaft not meeting JASPER's exact
> specifications is replaced.
>
> CYLINDERS
> Cylinders are bored and honed to exact specifications. Cylinder
finish and
> size are closely monitored to industry surface finish standards as
well as
> for accuracy and consistancy through Statistical Process Control.
This
> assures smooth piston travel and engine performance. JASPER
guarantees no odd
> size cylinders. The block to head mating surface is closely inspected
and
> resurfaced as required to provide the correct surface finish for
today's
> gasket materials.
>
> CONNECTING RODS
> Connecting rods are machined and gauged to within a half a thousandth
for
> improved operation, especially in today's engines. Rods are carefully
> machined to avoid taper and to the standard diameter of original
equipment.
> All rods are checked for bend and twist to assure smooth operation.
>
> HEADS
> Heads are carefully inspected for cracks and flaws through procedures
such as
> magnetic particle inspection and pressure testing. Every head is
resurfaced
> to exact dimensional tolerances and the surface finish is carefully
monitored
> for proper sealing with the block. Valve seats and guides are
machined to
> exact specifications or replaced to assure correct valve alignment
and
> seating and optimum engine performance.
>
> ASSEMBLY
> Every engine is precisely assembled by trained JASPER builders.
Attention to
> such details as a final wash of new and machined parts and
prelubricated
> camshafts, pistons, and crankshaft journals assures a clean smooth
running
> engine that performs to your expectations.
>
> TESTING
> JASPER live tests every popular Complete domestic engine with
recorded
> inspections of temperatures, oil pressure, vacuum pressure and
compression.
> Import engines are tested for correct oil pressure, compression,
torque to
> turn and proper oil pump operation. JASPER's testing is one of the
many ways
> we assure your satisfaction.
>
> STATISTICAL PROCESS CONTROL
> Processes are continually monitored through Statistical Process
Control to

HREF="http://webapp.jasperengines.com/warranty/warranty.asp">WARRANTY</A

> Install JASPER with confidence. Every JASPER engine is backed by a
nationwide
> warranty. Complete engines for passenger cars and light duty trucks
receive a
> 36 month/75,000 mile (whichever occurs first) parts and labor
warranty.
> (Ambulance, off-highway vehicles, package delivery, police, snow
removal,
> taxi, tow truck, transit or any vehicle over 1 ton, 18 months or
75,000
> miles, whichever occurs first.) A technical hotline (1-800-827-7450)
and 24