[Shotimes] Another silly race story

Christian Kesselring ckesselring@sisna.com
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 12:54:47 -0700

On Friday, on my way home from work, I encountered a guy in an Eclipse GS-T
who rolled up next to me at a light.  Of course, the light took forever to
turn, and we spent it checking out each other's cars.  His was lowered, nice
wheels, and he had a few huge gauges on the side of his dash.  Also, a real
(I HAVE seen fake ones) fire extinguisher on the passenger side A pillar.
On green, we both took off.  It was almost dead even through first gear, and
halfway through second I had a 3/4 car length on him and pulling when the
Eclipse jumped and started gaining fast.  At the top of second, he was
creeping past me.  We had traffic ahead, so we both shut it down.  I was
surprised at his burst of acceleration at the end, maybe it was nitrous, or
just a sweet spot for the turbo?  It was a nice car, though, and a good
race.

Christian Kesselring
'92 SHO 120k
'02 PT Cruiser 15k