[Shotimes] Idle Changes when Depressing Clutch Pedal

T Waters tmw5e@hotmail.com
Mon, 03 Feb 2003 22:36:41 -0500

Folks,
It has been years since I was on the SHO list, but I have run into a very
interesting problem with my '89.  It has begun to idle higher that normal
(1500 rpm) and takes longer to settle down to normal idle (800 rpm) when
coming to a complete stop, engine warm or cold.  It has a new IAC valve and
TPS.  Another oddity is that when I depress the clutch pedal, it idles back
down to 800 rpm - like taking it out of gear when coming to a stop.  This is
very repeatable and there is no CE light at all.

Another problem is that I have spark knock, when engine warm, from 2000 to
3500 rpm under WOT or slightly less than WOT.  I have had the engine
decarbonized at FPS in ATL recently to try to correct the problem, but that
has not.  Could it be the knock sensor?  Is there a knock sensor?

Any help with these two problems would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Tim Waters
89' Lt. Titanium