[Shotimes] Re: Idle Changes when Depressing Clutch Pedal

Alan Fanning Awfanning@earthlink.net
Mon, 03 Feb 2003 22:29:35 -0800

Does the cruise control work? If not, it might be the variable speed sensor
(VSS).  That's just a WAG tho'.

There is a knock sensor, in the valley btwn the cylinder banks. Kind of a
PITA to R&R. Costs about $30 IIRC.  I have a spare if you want to try one -
replacement didn't make a difference on my car. There may be a diagnostic
for the knock sensor in the Probst book on EEC-IV systems - I don't know
where mine is at the moment.

    Alan