[Shotimes] OT Attention Chemist

Mark D. Mallory mmallory78@earthlink.net
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 13:16:43 -0500

Congratulations!!  You made OXYGEN!

BTW, in most instances H2O2 is a stronger oxidizer than bleach.  It's
usually used in place of bleach since it's a slight "safer" chemical.  The
problem is that H2O2 usually is more commonly found in a 3% solution and
bleach is usually a 5% solution.  If you look hard enough you can find H2O2
in a 6% solution, usually with beauty products.

To help cure your curiosity with bleach (sodium hypochlorite) refer to the
following for a compatibility chart:

http://www.cl2.com/whats_new/NaOClCompatChart.pdf

Mark Mallory
Toledo, Ohio