[Shotimes] Replacing the SHO

John Miller jem@milleredp.com
Tue, 04 Feb 2003 22:36:51 -0800

> all get griping about radiator hose spigots breaking (incorrect coolant
> pH causes plastic in cooling systems to become brittle)

Oh, from 2000 on they get a new radiator-hose attachment method with a
plastic hose-end molded onto the radiator hose, sealed to the radiator
spigot with an O-ring and retained with a spring clip.  If the claims as to
what causes radiator tank spigot failure are true (incorrect coolant pH +
overtightened hoseclamps = cracked spigot) then this will cure it.

Can't say for sure, I've owned plastic-tank radiators for fifteen-plus
years and never had one fail yet...

John.