[Shotimes] Re: Uh-Oh

Jonathon Beisler JBEIS001@stvincentshealth.com
Wed, 05 Feb 2003 11:19:06 -0500

Jay and everyone else,

The smoke isn't radiator fluid, though.  Well, I wouldn't stake my life on that....  It's looks and smells more like the smoke you get from a burnout it's just not as thick.  And from what I can tell, it's coming from the timing belt or right around there.  Its curling out from beneath the timing belt cover and it continued for probably twenty minutes after I turned the car off so whatever is causing it is pretty hot.  From what I can tell from the Helm's pictures there aren't any water connections around there.  The water pump looks just fine.  Wouldn't I see some liquid some where around it if it was going bad?  I've got 106,000 miles on it, so I need to do timing belt, water pump, etc anyway but I was hoping to go 'til 120,000 or so.  Has this ever happened to anyone?
Thanks, JB