[Shotimes] Re: Uh-Oh

Jonathon Beisler JBEIS001@stvincentshealth.com
Wed, 05 Feb 2003 12:04:56 -0500

I'm not trying to annoy you or anyone else but if it was the tensioner pulley not spinning would the smoke not be coming from behind one of the lower two covers?  Could the pulley under the left sprocket have seized and be doing this?
And also, since it is becoming obvious that I am going to have to at least remove the timing belt, how do you rotate the # 1 cylinder to TDC as it advises in the removal process in the Helms?  I have never done timing belt work before on any engine let alone a DOHC'd one.
Thanks again for responding.
JB