[Shotimes] Re: spring and struts replacement

David P jpotter8@bellsouth.net
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 13:30:13 -0500

Remove the LCA from the knuckle, then you can push the knuckle down and off
of the strut.

I've never found a front suspension that would freely drop down that far
without torqueing the crap out of it, but then I've never worked on a Gen1,
either, and I've also never worked on a decrepit Taurii or Sable, since I
maintain the vehicles my extended family drives fairly well. I can see one
with worn-out bushing coming off easily, but I've leveraged 200Lbs on a
six-foot long 2x4, between the LCA and the subframe, and the suspension
obviously does not want to go that far. Maybe you've got special Taurii with
extended travel suspension or something where you reside.

David P

95MTX

~