[Shotimes] Uh-Oh has become Hmm?

Jonathon Beisler JBEIS001@stvincentshealth.com
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 10:26:11 -0500

Well, everyone I have a little more information and I need a lot more help.  I took almost everything apart last night to check the bearings and they seem to be okay.  A couple things:  When I pulled out the splash guard every single one of those plastic clips broke.  Am I an idiot or does that happen a lot?  What do I replace those with?  Next question, I stopped short of removing the crank pulley because I am hesitant to break the bolt with the starter.  Is that really the best and easiest way?  Next, does the original timing belt have any type of markings on it?  THe one that is in my car is just black with one white stripe that does not align with any of the markers.  When I aligned the markers on the cam sprockets with the markers on the inner timing cover, the lower timing cover lined up for the most part.  How critical is that?  The water pump looked good when I started but after I had the timing covers off I could see what looked like coolant kind of behind it near the CPS.  I'm assuming that's a typical sign of failure.  So, I'm just going to replace the belt and the pump and I guess the CPS.  My question is are there any pumps and belts that I should stay away from or what?  Napa has the best price by far on the water pump and belt.  Autozone has the best price on the CPS and it's a Wells sensor.  I replaced the Cam sensor with a wells. Oh, one last question, do I need a puller to get the pulley off?  Any suggestions?  I'm not really asking for much am I?  :)  Thank you so much to every one that has responded already.
Jonathon