[Shotimes] Uh-Oh has become Hmm?

Paul L Fisher sho@paul-fisher.com
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 12:48:40 -0600

Aren't you the one checking your bearings? Drop the y-pipe, the oil pan, the
windage tray and check them before you waste your time pulling anything
else. If the journals on the crank are toast, don't bother pulling it apart.

Paul L Fisher
'93 Ford Taurus SHO Crimson Clearcoat ATX 171K Build date 11/18/1992
- K&N Panel filter, Tokico Struts, Eibach Springs, Dynomax cat-back, Holley
190lph fuel pump, FPS rebuilt ATX, 26mm rear sway bar, Performance-Plus
Stainless Steel Y-pipe, Delrin sub-frame bushings, Amsoil Series 2000 0W-30
oil, Amsoil Synthetic ATF.
'00 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0L V8 AWD Oxford White Clearcoat 41K Build date
11/19/1999
- Amsoil Series 2000 0W-30 oil, K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit

SHO Club member http://www.shoclub.com/
Check out my web site http://www.paul-fisher.com/
Amsoil dealer http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil.htm

Get $5 free from Paypal! https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=P3XEFFBFUFKN6

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathon Beisler" <JBEIS001@stvincentshealth.com>
To: <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 9:26 AM
Subject: [Shotimes] Uh-Oh has become Hmm?

> Well, everyone I have a little more information and I need a lot more
help.  I took almost everything apart last night to check the bearings and
they seem to be okay.  A couple things:  When I pulled out the splash guard
every single one of those plastic clips broke.  Am I an idiot or does that
happen a lot?  What do I replace those with?  Next question, I stopped short
of removing the crank pulley because I am hesitant to break the bolt with
the starter.  Is that really the best and easiest way?  Next, does the
original timing belt have any type of markings on it?  THe one that is in my
car is just black with one white stripe that does not align with any of the
markers.  When I aligned the markers on the cam sprockets with the markers
on the inner timing cover, the lower timing cover lined up for the most
part.  How critical is that?  The water pump looked good when I started but
after I had the timing covers off I could see what looked like coolant kind
of behind it near t!
> he CPS.  I'm assuming that's a typical sign of failure.  So, I'm just
going to replace the belt and the pump and I guess the CPS.  My question is
are there any pumps and belts that I should stay away from or what?  Napa
has the best price by far on the water pump and belt.  Autozone has the best
price on the CPS and it's a Wells sensor.  I replaced the Cam sensor with a
wells. Oh, one last question, do I need a puller to get the pulley off?  Any
suggestions?  I'm not really asking for much am I?  :)  Thank you so much to
every one that has responded already.