[Shotimes] Newcomer with a new problem

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 15:40:49 -0600

Sudden leaks like that can come from the oil level sensor or
the oil pressure sensor.  Those are the first two places I
would look for a pretty bad leak that you can see dripping.
  If the bottom of the pan is just getting oily and
eventually dripping a bit when parked, then it is probably
coming from the rear or front crank seals, not much to do
about those, except put new seals in, and that usually
doesn't work for long.

I am trying Valvoline Maxlife oil and it seems to be at
least slowing some slow leaks in my trusty 89.

Don Mallinson
SHO Club