[Shotimes] Re: spring and struts replacement

James White greensho@crown.net
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 23:30:07 -0600

I have hammered down the spindle off of the strut several dozen times, but
always have to use a really big and long pry bar to get the get the lower
control arm out of the spindle, which you do first.  Now that I know just
what and how to do it, it only takes 20 minutes to get everything apart.

It is really good to have a helper on the pry bar when you have get things
back together.

I try to use a new pinch bolt and nut everytime, but many do not and don't
seem to have any trouble.  The Helms says to use new every time, so I try.
Get these from Josh @ shonut.  Also use a new axel nut everytime.  I have
had these work loose, and then the wheel bearing goes south...

Jim White - greensho@crown.net
Valparaiso, Indiana
'93  5 SPEED   276k few mods
'95  5 SPEED   235k lots of mods
"double clutch"  it's good for both you and your SHO