Not really OT since I'm making LED's for 194 sockets.... Was: [Shotimes] RE: EL Backlighting (sorty of OT now)

David P jpotter8@bellsouth.net
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:13:13 -0500

If you buy green LED's in bulk, they are far from overpriced, and the blue
and whites are not bad, either. It's the online stores, that do have to deal
with people that want ONE green LED and ONE white that mark up their product
40 times (yes, they are charging $2 for a $0.05 product). At this low cost,
the market will support it, and I see no problem charging someone $2 for one
LED if they want me to deal with processing their order. It takes time to
process orders, and you can only get so many orders done in an hour. If I
can process 20 orders for one LED each in an hour, I'd only make $19.74 that
hour, and I can make a hell of a lot more money selling other commodities or
greater quantity. (At my price of $1.50 for an 8000mcd white Yoldal LED, no
tax sale, overhead costs deducted).

David P

95MTX

~