[Shotimes] Re: spring and struts replacement

David P jpotter8@bellsouth.net
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:46:34 -0500

I don't see how you can claim your method is quicker, since you have more
steps, and 13 wrenchings compares to my 9 ;p  No bothering with the three
strut tower nuts, or ABS sensor bracket, or LCA bolt, or fooling around with
wedging anything. By your estimate, you should be able to complete my steps
in about 1.5 minutes or less...

Try it sometime!

Remove tire (5 wrenchings)

Remove LCA to knuckle bolt, and separate (1 wrenching).

Remove Strut to knuckle bolt (1 wrenching). Separate. Use block of wood
between mallet and knuckle if stuck.

Disconnect Swaybar from strut (1 wrenching).

Put floor jack under strut, on piece of wood so it can't roll. No floor
jack? Put notch in 6 foot 2x4 at 2 feet, and put IT under strut.

Remove strut rod nut (1 wrenching).

Lower strut.

David P

95MTX