[Shotimes] Hard start...sensor related?

IdriveaSHO@aol.com IdriveaSHO@aol.com
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 11:20:19 EST

Ok, here's the deal. 1989 SHO MTX(duh), fuel pump turns on, engine cranks
over no problem, but it takes along time to start. It turns and turns and
turns and it's like the spark and fuel are missing each other or something,
then when I stop trying to start it and try again it turns REALLY slowly like
it's strugling, then starts right up first or second turn. Car idles fine,
passed smog, no problems(we're ignoring the broken cat at this point since
I'm not driving it now anyways). Any ideas what this could be? It has to be
something motor related since it didn't do this until I put the new motor in.
The old motor, all problems included, would turn over once/maybe twice and
fire right up. Anybody? Anybody? Thanks everyone -Steve Bowen