[Shotimes] Trailblazer list?!?

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 20:53:40 -0500

I guess "matured" is a relative term, seems that more mature topics have
gotten in amongst the drivel.

Personally, I don't care at all for the BB format like the Forum. I found
this to be an improvement over the old SHO BB on Prodigy, and still like the
listserv format better. The Forum-type BB seems to be geared toward someone
who keeps up with it very regularly. If you don't (as I don't), topics drop
off, and I'm not gonna spend the time it takes to paw through everything.
Actually, when I can't get on here for a few days or a week, I don't mind
500-1,000+ emails. I can see all topics that have developed, as well as
them quite quickly.

One of my other lists has both a Forum and a listserv. Different groups
populate both, and I like the crowd better on the listserv (as I do here on
SHOtimes). I've been signed up on the Forum for two years, and I have maybe
40-50 posts over that time. I just have never been able to get into it.

I suppose things may eventually drift over that way, but I feel it would be
a loss. Personally, I'm not big on archives, I would rather see someone keep
up with an FAQ as we have on SHOtimes and the V8 sites.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of John Weidenbenner
Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2003 4:59 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Trailblazer list?!?

Don is probably also on the SHOforum, like a lot of us. He can get his "SHO
fix" there. The SHOforum has matured in the last year or so and is the best
tech source for the SHO. And it has archives, unlike this setup. I can
review a day or two of active topics to read what I desire without clogging
my email. Searching the SHOforum was very valuable during our recent 3.2
swap. I've saved 699 emails from over the last 3 years from shotimes and its
predacessors, but it's not easy to search - even with sub-topic folders.

Frankly, maybe this group should be the off topic extension of the SHOforum?

John W.
oldtimer (I remember when Dave joined the list!)