[Shotimes] (OT) Marauder

John Miller jem@milleredp.com
Sun, 09 Feb 2003 22:40:22 -0800

> They are reasonably good looking.  They have a good engine with
> potential.   It seems that they would be good cars, and they probably are
> within their  limits.  We like the SHO with ATX.  It seems that the
> Marauder would have  increased doses of some of the good characteristics
> of the SHO-

But it's vastly larger, too heavy, and the floppy Watts-link stick-axle
Crown Vic rear suspension may be better than the earlier four-link Crown
Vic rear suspension, but it's still a marginal design with big rubber
bushings, and lateral links with lots of twists and turns in them.

The four-link-plus-Watts stick-axle rear that Ford had been using on the
Aussie Falcon since the late '70s was a far better design, with straight,
rigid links and small bushings, and that's now been phased out - all
Falcons, right down to the 6-cyl rentacar models that sell for the
equivalent of US$18K, are IRS now.

John.