[Shotimes] ATX woes?

Nathan Brown nkb5f@hotmail.com
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 02:30:49 +0000

Hello everyone,

I'm having two problems with my 93 ATX, and I'm hoping someone can lend some
insight.

Problem #1 - Shift into second gear, whether upshifting from 1st or
downshifting from 3rd seems to take longer than it should before engaging
2nd. It is very apparent when in 3rd around 50 MPH and going to WOT, the
engine immediately hits the redline for a second or two before slipping into
2nd.

If I force it to remain in 2nd by sliding the shifter to "2", it'll run
strong all the way from idle to redline. I'm thinking there's a modulation
problem within the tranny, but I'm not very familiar with it, so any similar
experiences, fixes, and/or general advice would be greatly appreciated. BTW
the car has 105k and has had this behavior for the past 20k miles or so
without getting better or worse.

Problem #2 - A few weeks ago, I noticed that the OD on/off button would only
work when the shifter was in Park, Reverse, and Neutral. Shortly thereafter,
it would only work in Reverse. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance for any help!!

-Nathan