[Shotimes] Water Pump, etc. on auto '94

Haman, Philip E PEHaman@DirecTV.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:13:35 -0800

JB,
	Just remove the bolts holding the tensioner to the block. As stated
before, DO NOT remove the bolt to the pully. You won't need the tensioner
tool if you just remove the tensioner only. Compress the tensioner in a vise
or use a c-clamp, insert a pin to hold the piston. Install the new belt,
bolt on the tensioner, release the pin, done. Pretty easy to do.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathon Beisler [mailto:JBEIS001@stvincentshealth.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 6:27 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] Water Pump, etc. on auto '94

Hello everyone again,
Well, I just got the parts that I ordered from RockAuto.  This might be a
stupid question, it seems like it to me, but I will ask it anyway.  Is the
refurbished water pump just supposed to be the front of the pump with the
pulley attachment and the impeller or the whole thing?
Second question for anyone who replaced the timing belt on the automatic.
Is there a tool to substitute for the timing belt tensioner tool that is
required for the new belt?  If so, what is it?  If not, where can I get one?
Thanks everyone for tolerating my seemingly never ending barrage of
questions.  Short ones today at least.
Thanks, JB