Fw: Re: Handling was [Shotimes] RE: supercharging

Timothy Tyner shospeed@bigplanet.com
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 14:58:00 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

I was able to swing my back quite a few times, with lots of control, with a
24/26 combo.

Toolman

-------Original Message-------

From: John Miller
Date: Thursday, February 13, 2003 11:09:53 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Handling was [Shotimes] RE: supercharging

> Don't forget that he's talking about his SLO. The ATX SHO has slight
> oversteer with the 24/26 combo and is a good basis to tune handling. I
> would expect the SLO's of the world would be more like the ATX SHO than
> the MTX SHO when it comes to handling modifications.

Say WHAT?

If you consider the SHO to have 'slight oversteer' with 24/26 bars (and
either stock or Eibach springs) then I'd hate to see what you think of any
production Bimmer, Benz, etc. that's actually throttle-steerable.

24/26 is tolerable with a Quaife, because the weight transfer off the
inside front tire will produce some degree of throttle-steerability.

Without a Quaife, it's way too much front bar.

John.