[Shotimes] Where have all the tires gone?

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 21:50:01 -0500

And many SHOs underread on both the speedo and odo by around 3%. Putting
215/60/15s on my lace wheels got my '89 back to just a bit under 1% high,
and 215/55/16s on my slicers have got my '95 down to perfect on the
odometer, and just a bit high on the speedo (down from 4.5% high). I would
NEVER put a taller tire on a SHO.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of sho2go
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 9:22 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Where have all the tires gone?

I've been watching this thread with some puzzlement.  Since the 225mm is the
nominal width, the next number is the percentage height, 60 in the case of
225/60/16.  If you are going a size over, with 225, why would anyone want to
make it taller?  225/55 is close to original height, keeps the speedo
closer, and keeps the gearing where it should be.
Mike