[Shotimes] Where have all the tires gone?

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 06:38:17 -0800

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 06:51:58 -0600, Paul L Fisher wrote:

> I guess since I consistently drive 10+ MPH over the limit, 1
>or 2 MPH doesn't make any difference.

Depending on the particular tire, it might be more than 1 or 2, especially when you
think you are going 82 in a 75.  (Boy, that is a nice cruise speed!!)  I heartily
recommend getting an accurate clocking of your speed between 5 or so mile markers on
the local interstate, just for reference.....it's a good thing to know when the
radar gendarmes are out looking to fill the quota.  That's what happened to me in Al
Fitz country in 2000....I was lucky, and was able to talk my way down to a warning.

...Nice young guy....very friendly, and understood the idea of a car convention.  He
let me  sit in his car for a while (FRONT seat, thank you very much...) since my a/c
was out of service that summer.

;-)

George