[Shotimes] New tool, was lug nut torque

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 08:35:31 -0600

Paul,

I was under the impression, and from watching that they just
checked torque, and tightened any that didn't meet a
minimum.  If your lugs were tighter than 100 ft lbs or
whatever torque they were checking at, they should not have
loosened them up to reset them.  Did they?

If so we will make sure that if you want them tighter than
the "check" setting at the track this year, that they leave
them alone.

The act of checking the torque should have had no effect on
your lugs coming loose.

Don Mallinson