[Shotimes] Re: Rookie Significant Others was: Convention Track event - AWA group

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:35:19 -0600

Steve,

You said it perfectly.  AS I said, the "ladies" class was
added at the REQUEST of several women at the last two
conventions for exactly the reasons you site.  They felt
intimidated by even the slower men, and as we all should
know, you cannot get better if you are always worried about
who may pass you or is on your bumper.

The Ladies class will have different rules:  NO close
following.  Passing may NOT be allowed, or only if an
instructor in the car allows it.  We also probably will use
a pace car, at least for the first one or two sessions.

Contrary to what some may try to imply, this has nothing to
do with being sexist and EVERYTHING to do with being fair
and having more fun for more people.  So anyone still
worried about the class, please come to the event and see
how it goes, then give SHO Club your thoughts.  We will
evaluate the results this year, listen to what is said and
make changes if necessary in future years like we have in
the past.

Those that participate at the events have a full chance to
voice their opinion.  We also listen to other thoughts, but
if you don't participate, you get less influence, I think
that is only fair.

Steve,  I guess we won't have to add a "Pregnant" class this
year, but next year, unless you are a busy couple.....I hope
both of you will be able to participate!  And thanks again
for your well thought out reply and congrats and best wishes
to Krista and your future SHO enthusiast!  ;)

Don Mallinson
SHO Club