[Shotimes] OT: Contour SVT Meet

Josh Salaets jsalaets@msn.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 01:39:16 -0800

Hey Everyone,

Just thought I'd post a little about the Contour SVT meet I attended with a
friend of mine yesterday up in Everett, Washington.

It wasn't a real big gathering, but there were 5 'tours in all, 4 of which
were SVTs - all representing the 4 colors they came in.  We did a little bit
of maintenance stuff, and a TON of BSing.  I had to school a few of them on
SHOs, as they had no idea what they were.

After a good 4-5 hours of BSing and eating some lunch we went out for a drive
and happened across a Miata club driving along with at least 15 Miatas.  We
followed them on some fun backroads for 20 or so miles.  It was pretty wet,
but it didn't stop us from having fun!  After we broke off from the Miatas, we
took another awesome road, and the four 'tours that went were getting driven
hard.  I was the only passenger in the four cars, and there were a few times
it got a little intense!  It's not a good feeling when you're the passenger
and you feel the car start to oversteer, but there's nothing you can do about
it! : )

All in all it was pretty fun, and we talked a little about arranging another
SHO and CSVT meet in the future.

Josh Salaets
95 SHO MTX (See it here: www.cardomain.com/id/sh0gun)
85 Omni GLH-T (Autocrosser)