[Shotimes] Suspension Questions

Josh Salaets jsalaets@msn.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:28:34 -0800

It looks like my friend with his '95 doesn't like the ride of the coilovers AT
ALL, so he wants to go back to basically stock suspension.  Since I have no
idea what's out there for stock-type replacement springs, I figured I'd ask
you guys.

I've heard the Moog Cargo Coil springs are the best stock replacements out
there - what are some people's opinions?  Where's the best place to get them.
He's basically looking for stock ride height and comfort.  We plan on using
the Koni inserts he already has from his coilovers in whatever springs we
decide to get.

While we're in there replacing the springs AGAIN, he wants to replace all the
other wear items that we haven't replaced yet, like inner and outer tie rods,
front swaybar endlinks, etc.  What are the best replacements for this stuff,
and again, where should we get them?

The car has around 125K on it right now and the alignment shop wouldn't align
it last week because they said a front hub bearing was bad, so we plan on
replacing both front bearings with the Ford bearings from SHOnut.  Should you
replace the hub on these cars when you do the bearings?  If so, anyone have
any recommendations there?  Should we replace the axles while we're in there?
They seem fine now, but that's the way it always works - they'll be great
until you get all of the new stuff in, and then they decide to die.  Where's
the best place to get them?

Sorry about all the questions, but I want to make sure we get all the right
parts for the job, as this will be the third or fourth time in less than 6
months that we've had to swap suspensions on this car, and I don't want to go
back in there EVER AGAIN!  At least we can do the job really quickly now with
all the experience we've had! : )

Thanks in advance!

Josh Salaets
95 SHO MTX (See it here: www.cardomain.com/id/sh0gun)