[Shotimes] Fuel Pump gone bad after 2 weeks?

Justin Schick jschick@aafp.org
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:54:23 -0600

If the system is losing pressure after the car is turned off, it could
also be the injectors, right? There is a fuel pressure regulator in the
engine bay somewhere; you check the pressure at the schrader valve on
the fuel rail (39 psi while running I believe).

Justin
dead 92

>>> "Josh Salaets" <jsalaets@msn.com> 02/19/03 01:37PM >>>
If I remember correctly, there is a valve somewhere in the fuel system
that
helps keep the lines pressurized after turning the car off.  I can't
remember if it's in the pump itself, in the engine bay somewhere, or
near
the fuel tank, but if it goes bad, you'll lose fuel pressure.