[Shotimes] engine misfire

Mark Matthews mash4@pacbell.net
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:42:45 -0800

Hey all,

Just a heads up. A few weeks ago I posted a problem I was having with my
93 MTX where one of the cylinders wouldn't fire for about 2 miles when
the engine was cold and then would kick in. I decided to take it to the
shop (Sho-shop)since I needed the valve shims checked anyway and could
kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak. Turned out only 4 valves were
out of specs and that's with 136k on the engine. The misfire was from
oil in one of the rear plug wells according to the shop and with a new
set of plug wires, plugs, and all the appropriate gaskets it's running
great now. I would've thought the oil would keep the plug from firing
all the time but I guess that's not always the case.

Mark