[Shotimes] Question about windshield wipers on '91

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 08:49:29 -0600

Understand that as an old car fanatic, I am used to paying
attention to tiny details, and now that I have a '91 Plus
that is SOOOOoooo close to bone stock, I want it as close to
factory new as I can get it.

To that end, I am trying to replace any odd replacment parts
that the previous owner put on that are not stock.

The wiper blades have been changed on the car I am sure,
they are Anco brand and Motorcraft is what came on the car.

I went to my local Dealer to get new blades, and they sold
me some beautiful Motorcraft blades that look right, but
they have the pin mounting through the side, and the arms on
my '91 (they look stock) have that funny underturned U shape
mounting instead of the pin.

Can any of you with '91's please look at your wipers and
tell me what style you have on your car?  My '89 has the pin
style, so I will use the new blades I just bought on it, but
I now need to buy either new blades for my '91 or start
looking for arms too if they have been replaced.

I appreciate your help, you can reply off-list if you want.

Don Mallinson
Learning more about wiper blades for a better SHO future!  ;)