[Shotimes] RE: Underdrive Pulleys WAS: Valve lash done...

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 14:33:14 -0600

I have a very early Hypertech underdrive pully set on my '89
(crank and alternator) and they have been perfect since
installation.  This was the brand that later got a
reputation for coming apart, but mine have been on for about
120,000 miles with no problems.  I did mark mine a few years
ago to see if it was turning any, and so far so good.  I
think there was just one bad batch or run of those pully's.
  at the time I talked to Hypertech at length about the
problem, and they said it had been taken care of  (and Ford
says the SHO V8 cam situation is just a "few" cars too, so I
took that with a grain of salt.).

I agree, the UDP made a difference I thought I could feel,
and (knock on giant redwood) I still have all my original
pullys, alternator, A/C and PS pump as of 180,000 miles.

Don Mallinson