[Shotimes] Dead SHO

KICKINSHO@aol.com KICKINSHO@aol.com
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 09:27:28 EST

In a message dated 2/22/03 10:41:10 PM Pacific Standard Time,
SHOtimes@midwestsho.com writes:

> This happens all the time on my car and I just had it happen on a
> customer's
> car.  Clean the battery contacts and make sure they are clamped down well.
> Also, check grounds.  The symptoms are identical.  There is sufficient
> current to keep the lights on, but turn the key to engage the starter, and
> you get one click before everything goes dim.  Hope that helps.
>
> Mike Kopstain

I will chime in here with Mike, because this is exactly what was happening to
both of my cars.   A thorough cleaning of the battery and cables, along with
a VERY tight connection of the cables, helped the '91.   The '93 had had this
done so many times, the only thing left to do, was to put on new cables.

Kris
'91+ White
'93 Ultra Red ATX
"Women who behave, never make history"