[Shotimes] squeak behind instrument panel, part 3

ianf@eden.rutgers.edu ianf@eden.rutgers.edu
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 12:43:58 -0500 (EST)

Isn't a speedo shop one of those places that sell really tight swim
wear for swimmers? :)

sorry, I don't have anything creative to say that will help you solve
this problem. I just turn my stereo up louder when the SHO rattles.
Needless to say, the stereo can get quite loud at times. <g>

Ian "I used to be a swimmer when I was young and somewhat fit-I wonder
if I can still do the butterfly stroke? "Fisher

> My 91 has a squeak coming from behind the instrument panel.  Some
have said it's the blower motor, but I think we can rule that out.
> The squeak is speed-related and it occurs with the ETAC turned off.
>
> I recently replaced the upper speedo cable and lubed both segments.
>
> Has anyone ever had a speedometer develop a squeak?  My current
theory is that my speedo needs to be lubed or replaced.  I'm going