[Shotimes] Clutch Time, Too!

Chris "Zap" zap@columbus.rr.com
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 15:22:14 -0500

    Well, a friend and I have started the procedures for dismantling Joy's
SHO in the garage here at the apartment.  It's been an interesting
experience so far, as I've never had to take apart so much of a car before,
but we're running into some issues with getting all of the parts removed to
drop the subframe.  (We also built a neat engine support similar to one
recently discussed on SHOForum, it appears that it will do a good job and
it's built well.)
    I was curious if anyone had any comments on how accurate the Chilton's
procedure for the clutch is, and any other friendly suggestions that might
make the process go a bit smoother.  (Help would be greatly appreciated too!
I'm here in the Cincinnati area..[You wanna see the MTX front end all apart
Steve?  Here's your chance! :)])
    For those of you that have the SHONut video, would it be worthwhile to
go ahead and order it?  I guess there's a discount if you order the video
with clutch parts, but we're not sure what we need to order yet...  Any
suggestions or help are appreciated! :)  Hopefully we can get the '94 back
on the road soon :)

Thanks,
Chris
'95 Emerald Green MTX (Build Date: 12/9/94)
-Dynomax Mufflers
'94 Moonlight Blue MTX (Build Date: 6/14/94)
-On stands, attempting tranny removal to work on clutch!