[Shotimes] Re: OT Starting Fluid: Good or Evil?

James White greensho@crown.net
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 16:57:04 -0600

Been using starting fluid on all sorts of gas motors for many years and have
never seen any harm done.

Usually the motor won't start due to spark problems, but if it is a fuel
problem this starting fluid will help, sometimes.

Below zero and snowing, you better have some for starting your snowblower!
Never had to use it for either of my SHOs...

If you feel that you have flooded the chebby's motor too many times, maybe
you should have the oil changed very soon, since excess gas could have
leaked past the rings into the crankcase and could contaminate the oil, but
the starting fluid goes away in seconds, so as not cause any harm.

Jim White - greensho@crown.net
Valparaiso, Indiana
'93  5 SPEED   277k few mods
'95  5 SPEED   236k lots of mods
"double clutch"  it's good for both you and your SHO