[Shotimes] temp reading

Bill Murray fordsho@cloud9grafx.com
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:37:32 -0500

Can someone tell me where the sending unit for the computer is?  I have
my autometer sender installed with a T where the sender for the dash
gauge is and my temp is only getting to about 165F at its highest.  My
gas mileage is only about 280 miles per tank with a mix of city and
highway.  I just replaced my t-stat with a ford unit hoping that might
solve my problem, but it didn't.  Also does the sender for the climate
control effect the computer at all?  My EATC will start blowing as soon
as I start the car instead of it waiting first to warm up.  I'm hoping
replacing the sender for the computer will let the car warm up and
finally let me pass emissions here in NJ.

Bill Murray

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Donald Mallinson
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 2003 10:46 AM
To: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
Cc: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] temp reading

When my "Gauge" was reading low, and I had determined that
the thermostat was working right, I replaced first one and
then the other sending units.  The one with one wire is for
the instrument panel, and the other is for the computer.  So
replace the one just near the thermostat with one wire and
that solved my problem.

Don Mallinson

---