[Shotimes] SOS... Brake rotor glowing

Ian Fisher ianf@eden.rutgers.edu
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:44:20 -0500

If it was a "loaded" caliper, it usually comes with brackets, pads,
e-brake spring, etc.

If its just a caliper, it usually has nothing. Just the caliper and the
piston of course.

That's just my experience. After wrestling with swapping e-brake
springs, I am inclined to recommend that people who get replacement
calipers get one with that stupid spring already in it.

Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Dave Kegel
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 11:12 AM
To: Shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] SOS... Brake rotor glowing

It  HAS to be either the pins or the brake line.  I don't know who did
your earlier brake work but there's no guarantee the pins were replaced
with the calipers.  The pins are often sold separately.  I also highly
doubt the lines were replaced unless you specifically told them too.

As for calipers, AutoZone's in my area vary as to what calipers they
sell. I have seen some that were "coated" and some that were not.  I've
seen some come with slider pins and some not.  I think it all depends on
which rebuilder they get them from.

Dave Kegel