[Shotimes] EATC outside temp

Paul Nimz niks@dlogue.net
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:56:52 -0600

After messing with he EATC outside/inside temp button here is what I found.
The OEM switch has logic like this ..........

.__  __.
      /
.__.|___.

SPST NO momentary tact switch  Looks like the TL 1105 switch here.
http://rocky.digikey.com/WebLib/E-Switch/Web%20Data/TL1105%20Series.pdf

Sorry for the ASCII art.  It is a double pole single throw normally open
switch with the bottom two poles common or bridged to each other.  When
switched all terminals are common.  I cannot find an opposite or DPST NC
switch.  For whatever reason it is listed as a SPST switch.  I guess it's
because the two terminals are common.

But if you rig up a SPST switch (toggle or pushbutton) that will short the top
terminals to the bottom the outside temp will be displayed. To change your CC
temp settings or see what it is set at you would switch it back and after the
5 second delay you would be back to normal operation.

Paul Nimz
'97 TR SHO
'93 EG mtx SHO