[Shotimes] RE: Not OT, thinking of getting a PDA (well, it really is OT)

Ian Fisher ianf@eden.rutgers.edu
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 10:38:23 -0500

300Mhz Dell Axim X5 is $200 and the 400Mhz version is $300. Both run
Pocket PC.  Prices are down all across the board.

Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Ron Nottingham
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 10:25 AM
To: Shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] RE: Not OT, thinking of getting a PDA (well, it
really is OT)

Get a Palm (or anything using the Palm OS).  You will be happier.  The
latest models (after the III series) have an "expansion port" for adding
programs or compact flash memory.  Expect prices around $200 or more for
the color models.  If you don't mind the inconvenience of not having the
"expansion port", for about $120, you can get a Palm IIIc, which is a
color version of the III.  I got one for my wife for Christmas, she
LOVES it.

There is also more software for the Palm OS than Pocket Windows (or
whatever they are calling it).  Tons more software.

Pocket PC's are also much more expensive than the Palm systems.

Ron N. - Dalton, GA
90 SHO