[Shotimes] (no subject)

Michael molsen@excite.com
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 11:31:44 -0500 (EST)

 I'm not an expert on car electronics, but I'm pretty sure something is wrong in my cars power supply circuit. As I understand it, the voltage supplied to, say, the headlights, is supposed to be 12V constant. And it is the voltage regulator in the alternator that keeps the voltage constant.

In my car however the voltage supply is always about 1V below the battery voltage. Thus, the headlights and other components frequently see voltage levels greater than 12V when the engine RPMs increase. And they see Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com