[Shotimes] Waaaayyyyy OT (but I gotta know) Mexican Food

Jim and Debbie Leyden jndleyden@mindspring.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:34:28 -0500

I don't normally stray off topic on here but since we do have a rather large
geographic base maybe someone out there can answer this question for me.
When I was growing up in Northern California in the sixties, we used to
purchase a food product called "Reds Tamales".  I used to love those things
and sorely miss them.  I have done a lot of searching and cannot find out if
they are even in business anymore.
The only reference I can find on the internet is on a nostalgia page about
Berkeley.
I live near Atlanta now days and even with the large Mexican population here,
I can't find what I would call a decent tamale
Any of you west coasters remember these?
If so, are they still around?
If not, is there anything available today that compares?
Or is my memory just failing me in my old age and they really tasted like
crap?

Thanks,
Jim
'93 MTX