[Shotimes] whole new intake?

van Oss van Oss" <vanOss@centurytel.net
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 21:32:33 -0600

I must be doing things out of order...

I've got a 92 track SHO on which I'm trying to fit a Ford 80mm MAF.  Come to find that the SHO Shop cold-air snorkel I have must be
their smaller one (got it at the Indy convention).  According to the PDF on their website, that's part number SP211.  So the rubber
hose that came with that snorkel is to small to fit the MAF adapter.  Arrgghh.   Well, hell, I always thought the filter was too
small anyway.

At this point, I am tempted to scrap the snorkel, and go back to stock airbox with ram air.  Small problem, I used the space freed
up by removing the airbox to install a PCV vent bottle.

Can anyone tell me about their larger snorkel, part number SP222, which is supposed to fit the 80mm MAF?  Is there really a
difference in the diameter of the snorkel tube?  What about the size of the filter?  Any of you who have made your own snorkel, what
filter did you use?

There just isn't enough room in the front of these cars.  4-inch ram air was no trouble in my wife's Criwn Vic, there was ample room
for the big hose.

Joseph van Oss