[Shotimes] Mike's wreck pictures are up

Ian Fisher ianf@eden.rutgers.edu
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:59:15 -0500

Well yeah, I didn't point out the obvious parts. As I said, its not
worth it, but I have seen it done. It could be fixed and be problem
free. The roof didn't seem to be bent; the floorpan, rear quarter panel,
trunk, etc would need to be replaced

Tailights,
Trunk lid
Spoiler
Bumper cover
Bumper with shock absorbers
Rear glass
Rear driver's side quarter panel + rear floor pan
Some time on a frame machine.

A body person with a donor Taurus could do it on the cheap but its not
worth it for the average person to have done.

Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: John Phillis [mailto:jphillis68@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 11:43 AM
To: ianf@eden.rutgers.edu; shotimes@autox.team.net
Cc: Mike.Wojton@owens-ill.com
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Mike's wreck pictures are up

That car will need more than a quarter panel.  it looks like, and this
is
just an estimate from pictures, but...

full rear clip, including rear door jamb sections
rear windsheild
bumpercover
decklid
both rear taillights
trunk extension
possibly both sides rear quarter glass

it could be fixed if you did bodywork yourself...
if it was under the insurance, then it is a total.
something like that, with grafting a new rear end onto the car would be
$6000 labor alone, including re-aligning all panels and shooting paint.