[Shotimes] SHO parts & coolant leaks?

KICKINSHO@aol.com KICKINSHO@aol.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:28:33 EST

In a message dated 1/22/2003 9:28:29 AM Central Standard Time,
zap@columbus.rr.com writes:

> Out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is a common small coolant leak
> spot?  There is a hose with a T-connector looking thing that seems to be
> dripping coolant slowly on Joy's car.  I'm not sure if that's even a
> coolant
> hose or if it's a vacuum hose that coolant is running down.  Maybe someone
> has come across this before and knows where it might be dripping from?
> It's
> awefully difficult to crawl under the car in our cramped garage, not to
> mention deal with the cold.  I couldn't see much else at the time, so I
> figured I'd ask before searching again.
>
> Thanks,
>
> ~Chris
> '95 Emerald Green MTX
> Joy's '94 Moonlight Blue MTX

Hi Chris,

I myself can't answer on a common spot for leaking, but I can offer this
information.  We have been dealing with all kinds of crud on my '93 lately.
Just as I thought I would be able to bring it in for it's 4th emissions test,
we noticed a coolant leak.  It was towards the back of the car and hard to
see, so my husband, who dislikes being without any of the fun toys did
this............rented the coolant pressurization pump to test the system for
leaks and then proceeded to buy a kit called "UV Leak Locator Kit".  All of
this at Autozone by the way, the kit was around $70 bucks.  Anyhow, I thought
it was cool how it worked.  After doing the pressurization test, you put on
these amber colored glasses and point the UV light at suspected areas (or
anywhere) and the areas with the leaks glow.  It was pretty cool.  I guess
this kit also works for A/C and oil.

Hope this may help in some way.

Kris
'91+ White