[Shotimes] RE: [Shotimes] Driving in -10oF with 10w-30 oil

Steve Tatro stevetatro@att.net
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 13:33:39 -0500

Are you saying it started while you had the gas pedal floored?  It, it
shouldn't start when you floor the gas pedal, unless you have fuel in
the cylinders (leaky injectors).  If it was cranking with your gas pedal
floored and as you cranked you let off the gas pedal, you misunderstood
what Mark was trying to say.

Mark was saying, hypothetically, you could floor the throttle (meaning
all the way) to cut off the injectors so it wouldn't start.  Let it
crank a few times, and turn key off.  Take foot off throttle and start
normally.  That way, when the engine is really churning, the oil would
have a better chance of being ready to move.

Again, I don't necessarily agree or disagree with any of this ;^)

Steve Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 164k miles
Cincinnati, Ohio