[Shotimes] SHO stuff

IdriveaSHO@aol.com IdriveaSHO@aol.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:16:03 EST

The T5 is actually a good tranny(at least from 89+ mustang 5.0's). They will
withstand 300ft lbs of torque for more than 200k miles unless you really
abuse them(real abuse, not race boy driving but more like 6k RPM clutch dumps
and such). Mine had over 150k on it with no trouble. I know guys who have had
them last 100k in twin turbo'd mustangs(yes, more than one person has done
this!). The T5 is a good piece and for the price you can't beat them. $100 at
a wrecking yard will get you a new one, at least out here. Just my opinion of
course, but I can't see the SHO motor breaking a T5. -Steve Bowen

 << Is who doing it? The T in T5 should stand for terrible. They are junky
 transmissions.

 Ian >>