On Car Balancing....was: RE: [Shotimes] Shimmy

George Fourchy George Fourchy" <krazgeo@jps.net
Wed, 02 Jul 2003 13:55:33 -0700

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 16:47:00 -0400, Steve Tatro wrote:

>For my amusement, what does it typically cost to get the wheels balanced
>on the car?

I'd be interested to hear that, too.  When I do it, sometimes I can get a wheel done
in 5 minutes......sometimes it takes half an hour or more.  The last time I had it
done was many years ago, at the local Michelin dealer, and I think it was 20 or so
bucks per wheel.  At our normal labor rates, for me to do an average 4 wheel balance
would be about $100.  That's why I say my balancer has paid for itself a hundred
times over.

Back when I was selling tires, in the '70s, it was 7.50 per wheel.

George